Make sure you stop over to my latest link party!

1.14.2010

Picture Frame Earring holder!

I told you last night that the creative juices where flowing!  I made an earring holder!  I have seen these all over and I LOVE them!  I have been wanting to make one forever!  So today I did!

Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the before.  Just think an blood red with gold accent. It was UGLY! I made it from a frame that I got for free and wire mesh that we inherited when we bought the house.  I spray painted it white.  Then I saw a trick where you water down brown craft paint and it looks like stain.  So I decide to try it!  I wiped it on and let it sit for a min then wipe it off just like stain.

It is far from perfect, but it was my first try. After what seemed like forever of painting and drying, I was ready to attach the mesh. Oh how I wish I had a staple gun, but I don't (it is on my birthday list).  So I hot glued in the mesh, which was a pain!  I then put my earrings on and I was done!  I loved how it turned out.  It is not prefect, but I love it! 

The last two pictures are of the beautiful detail this frame has!
  I LOVE it!

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment and
let me know what you think!

I am linking to

and



Photobucket

10 comments:

Andy Porter said...

It looks amazing! I am in desperate need of something like that! My jewelry is such a mess right now:) Glad you came over to play today Melissa! I love your ideas!

famr_4evr said...

I love the frame! and so cute. You did and amazing job. And it makes to earrings look so awesome as well.

Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com said...

Great job! I can't do pierced ears, but this is a great storage (and decorative) solution to earring storage :)

Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

Kara@ Creations by Kara said...

Darling! Don't you just love it when something is both functional and cute?

Thanks so much for joining my linky party. :)

Kaysi said...

I love this! Thanks for linking in my party
Kaysi
Keeping It Simple

MrsJenB said...

Oh my gosh, I have soooooo many earrings getting all clumped up together in a jewelry box, and a bunch of old frames. All I need is the mesh! Thanks for posting this in Talented Tuesday so I could find it!

Queenplinker said...

I may need one now, your turned out great. Do you happen to know if a magnet will stick to the mesh?

Lynea

Queenplinker said...

Melissa, I really appreciate you checking for me!
I've got an idea brewing and it helps to know these things ;0)
Thanks again,
Lynea

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

that looks great!

Kimberly said...

It's so great! I've been trying to figure out how to do something just like that! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails