Make sure you stop over to my latest link party!

10.01.2010

Fabulous Friday


Welcome to Fabulous Friday!  I love today's recipe.  I think I say that every week.  But if you know me, I love food!!!!  The reason why todays is one of my VERY favorites is because I LOVE sugar cookies.  I mean if it is between and chocolate chip or a sugar cookies with yummy vanilla frosting.  The sugar cookie will always win out.

Before and when I was first married I worked at a cooking store.  They sold everything there and had cooking classes.  I loved when they did this class and it was pretty often.  They would do this recipe.  Now this is no ordinary sugar cookies recipe.  It uses sour cream.  Now give it a chance.  I never would have tried these if it wasn't for my boss.  They are SUPER soft and not really super sweet like some that I have tried.

My hubbie is going out of town this week and I think that I will make these and gain10 pounds while he is gone.  (I hate when he leaves, DON"T MARRY A HINTER.  IT IS NOT FUN!!!!!) Anyways, give them a try and let me know what you think! Also let me know if you want a good frosting recipe!

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 C Sugar                       1 C Butter
½ C Sour Cream             2 Eggs
½ tsp. Baking Soda         1 tsp. Baking Powder
4 C Flour                        ½ tsp. Salt

Cream softened butter and sugars.  Add sour cream, eggs and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.  Chill 30-60 mins.  Roll to ¼ in. thickness.  *Don’t over the dough.  Cook until just right (you do not want brown edges, but you don’t want doughy centers either.)  Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 mins.


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails