Make sure you stop over to my latest link party!

2.04.2011

The February Challenage

Well I know that it is only a few days into February, but I have been able to do some of the things that were on the list for the month.  Plus I have crazy month with 3 birthdays, which included my hubbie's, Valentine's Day, my brother's wedding and everything else with life.  

I am determined to take some time for me.  I haven't been crafting at all lately and I miss it.  Well this week I have jumped in a big way!  I have already been able to do 3 receiving blankets.  Now these ones are for my little one.  The fabric is really special.

The light pink one was extra material from a blanket that my mom made me when I was a teenager.  The dark pink with flowers is one that I bought right after I got married.  I have just put it off till I have been expecting a girl.  Now is the prefect time.  Then the blue cameo was some that I bought when I was expecting my son.  Which never got done because I had tons already.  

I actually saw a tutorial to make the receiving blankets over at Living Life On Purpose.  She makes them just the same as I do.  The only difference is the stitch that I use around the edge.  I normally use a straight stitch, but I did use a different one on the pink and flower one!  I was being really brave!



Next I was able to get my beach bag or Capri Sun bag done.  I started this stinkin' bag last spring.  I was sick of it taking up tons of the room in my craft room.  I got most of it done before we moved, but I never got the bottom done.  Well last night I was really brave and I finished it.

Here is my tutorial about how I did mine!

I   started out by getting 42 Capri Sun packets.  Next I laid them out on the ground.  I had a few different flavor, so I wanted to make a pattern with them. 
Here is a picture of the front/back of the bag.
Next here is the sides, I used 6 for the sides and 6 for the bottom.  When I took the picture I thought that I would only need to have 3 but I was wrong!

Next,I sewed the front and back, so they were done.  I sewed the into strips and then I sewed them all together.  I used a straight stitch.
Here everything is sewed in there sections.
The 3 that are on the top of the picture, I made into a pocket.  I love pockets.
Here is everything sewed together. 

So last night I sewed the bottom on and the straps. Here is the finished product!  I am so excited that it is done!


 The last thing that I have gotten done is some of the rolled flowers, they kinda remind me of a lollipop.  I also did a ruffle one too!  Now I just need to get clips.  Not till March!  
I think that I put a button in the middle of the flowers.  We will see.  I can't wait to show you what I get done this next week. 

So what are you guys up to?  Anything super fun?  If so let me know what!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

cute bag. Perfect for the beach! I should make one for our annual trip to the oregon coast in the summertime. Did you sew the pieces together like you would with fabric (right sides together)? or did you just sew them with it overlapping. And did you cut the capri sun packages apart first?

Shannon said...

Love the blankets!!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails