Make sure you stop over to my latest link party!

2.18.2010

I think I am in LOVE!

First off I just wanted to thank all of you super kind people who replied to my post yesterday and all the sweet comments.  It truly made my day!  I couldn't stop smiling at all the nice things! 

Now on to the fun craft that I have been up to today.  Yesterday was my amazing mom's birthday, so I needed to do something for her.  Of course I wait till the very last minute to do it.  We are having her birthday party tonight, so I needed to get started.  Now this women has every thing and more.  But you never can have too many cute home decor.  So I am doing her a wooden LOVE blocks.

I started with a left over pieces of a 2*4.  I had my sweet dad cut them for me.  Then I spray painted then with the Leather Brown Paint.  I have such a hard time with the drying part. I wish that I could just spray a thick coat and then it dry fast.  That is not how it work.  Thin coats and more then one. Yes, I sprayed other for another project! I am not quite sure yet.  But I will show you when I decide.

Then I sanded the edges.I then pulled out my scrapbook
paper scraps cute out a back piece.  

Then I got out my handy dandy Cricut and cut out white letters.
With a little ink and a little time you get such a cute look.  It adds so much to it!  I love inking! 

Then this is the final product! 

I think I am in LOVE! 
(Bytheway, she loved them!)

I am linking to Sunday -Tatertots and Jello, Keeping it Simple,

Monday- Sumo Sweet StuffToday's Creative Blog
Tuesday-Today Creative Blog, My Frugal Family
Wednesday- Blue Cricket
Thursday-Somewhat Simple, Life as Lori 
Friday-Design-aholic, Poppies at Play

Photobucket

2 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

they look great! I love the colors!

Andy Porter said...

I'm sure she did love them! They are terribly CUTE!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Poppies at Play!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails