Make sure you stop over to my latest link party!

8.21.2010

Fabulous Friday (Saturday)

Did you know that yesterday was Friday?  Hello, neither did I, I am so sorry. I have a super yummy recipe that I had planned!  This Chicken and Rice recipe is one of my favorite dishes from my childhood.  My mom would make this two or three times a month and we always had some yummy leftovers.  It is one dish that you can freeze and reheat and it is really yummy. 

Chicken & Rice

1 Chicken, cooked, Deboned, & diced
1 pkg. Chicken Rice-A-Roni
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 C Chicken Broth or water
Cheese, grated

Cook and dice chicken, then set aside.  Cook Chicken Rice-A-Roni according to directions on the package.  Mix everything together except cheese.  Put into a 9*13 pan.  Add grated cheese (how much you want) on top.  Cover with foil.  Cook for 30 mins at 350 degrees.  Uncover for 5 mins to finish melting cheese.  If you don't over cook, you can freese and reheat.  It freezes great. 

(When you cook the chicken, we like to do salt, celery and onions.  It is yummy!)

If you try this, let me know what you think!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails