Make sure you stop over to my latest link party!

10.29.2010

Fabulous Friday

Welcome to Fabulous Friday! 

This recipes has come very fun memories of when I was little.  I hated veggies and refused to eat them except for  mashed potatoes and broccoli .  Not together.  But I loved them both.  Since most of you don't know my mom, she is a really great cook and when were little I remember sitting around the table with some really yummy meals.  One of them had broccoli in it.  It is called Thomas Divan up at the Greenery,which is located at the mouth of Ogden Canyon.  I love it and order it almost every time we go there.  My mom being the good cook that she is made up her mind that she could make it cheaper at home.  So she did!  It is super yummy.  I thought that I would give it to you all!


Chicken Divan

3 Heads of Broccoli Spears , Steam for 3 mins
4 Chicken Breasts, cooked & diced
2 Cans cream of chicken soup
1 C Milk
1 C Mayonnaise
1 tsp Curry
1 T Lemon Juice
2 C Soft Bread Cubes
1 ½ C Cheese, shredded
2 T Butter, Melted

Put steamed broccoli into greased pan 9*13 inch pan,.  Lay chicken on top of broccoli.  Mix together soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry, and milk in medium bowl until smooth.  Pour over chicken and broccoli; be sure that all is covered.  Sprinkle cheese over top.  Cover bread cubes with melted butter and put on top.  Bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes.  Serves 6-8.







Photobucket

1 comment:

Terra said...

My grandma gave me this recipe, except with bread crumbs instead. We love it and its so easy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails